The entire group together after staying up all night watching the election on CNN. Back row: Mike, Jill, Catherine, Chris, me, and Jason. The hosts: Lauren and Jordan in the front
Monday, November 17, 2008
Watching the Results Unfold with a Giant Red and Blue United States Map CNN Style
The Americans assembled for an election night party - and in Berlin that meant really the election night - all night long until 7 AM the next morning! We went out to eat for traditional American fare (Hamburgers of course, and the restaurant was amazing with delicious red meat we hadn't had in soo long!!) and then trekked over to Lauren and Jordan's apartment for the CNN coverage that would last well into the morning. Surrounded by overwhelming support for Obama here in Berlin, Mike and I repped the conservative side to add a little excitement to the evening. I really had a fantastic time, with brunch at 4 AM, drinks, and lots of political discussions. I love politics, and it was fun to watch the election from overseas. I was really missing back home by the end of the night! And of course the Obama supporters were thrilled. We will see what the next 4 years will bring - Germany is certainly excited.

