Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks, Turkey Day, and What's the Good Word??

I cannot even begin to write a post that describes how thankful and blessed I am, and I cannot express my gratitude in words to my family and friends that continue to love and support me across an ocean everyday. I certainly have been through some highs and lows in Germany already, but knowing that my friends and family are behind me 100% makes everything so much easier. I have been blessed with new friends here through Fulbright and the help of countless individuals. And I am so thankful for their generosity and help along the way. I cannot begin to describe what it means to have someone reach out with a friendly hand while I am trying to navigate the difficult and unfamiliar situations of living in a foreign country. Having the Fulbright to Germany has already been an experience of a lifetime, and I am loving my daily adventures and opportunities. There are countless new friends, fantastic opportunities for conferences and research, trips to new cities, experiencing the excitement that is Berlin, and finally having an apartment that feels like home. So thank you everyone! And very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tuesday night Fulbright had a Thanksgiving celebration in Berlin complete with turkey, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie! It was a nice taste of home and a lot of fun for everyone to be together. Though, the food does not even compare to the delicious meal that I know Mommy and family has prepared today!! So sad I am missing Thanksgiving dinner with family!! But I am going to have turkish food in Berlin with friends to celebrate Turkey Day! : )

Marburg Fulbrighters together (Left to right): Back Row - David, Sarah, Lisa, Mike, me, Jason, Chris. Front row - David's girlfriend, Elizabeth, Keith, and Jill.
Fulbright musicians proovide some entertainment before the feast! Sarah, David, and Keith.
Allison came into town to visit for the weekend. It was fun to have a friend in town, and we explored the downtown, and museum exhibit, and KaDeWe - the biggest department store in Western Europe!! It had 7 floors of shopping excitement, and they were already decorated for Christmas. I found a "Spirit of Georgia" bevarage made by Coca-Cola, so a taste of home! Click on the picture if you want to see more about KaDeWe!
The giagantic lego giraffe downtown by Legoland. Perfect for a picture, but he was too tall! With Allison.

I was listed as a Fulbright Scholar in this edition of Tech Topics. Click on Buzz to follow the link and check it out in the State of the Institute section.Jackets go head to head with the Bulldogs on Saturday at noon. This Berliner will be watching and cheering hard! So jealous of all my friends heading to the game! Hope it is lots of fun and great memories. Click on the picture to see
What's the Good Word!!