Within 48 hours after my Brussels trip, I found myself downtown on Sunday afternoon registering for the Annual Fulbright Berlin Conference at the classy Park Inn Hotel in Alexanderplatz. I received my welcome packet, schedule of events, and was reunited with all of my Marburg friends!!! I was less than excited to start up another conference with such little time to recover from my last one, but as soon as I saw everyone - I was pumped.
The 5 days included organized site seeing, a reception and welcome buffet dinner, hanging out with the Marburg crew at Kaffee Burger, listening to different student panels, meeting the Germans heading to the US in August to start their Fulbright grants next year (6 are going to Georgia Tech and 2 to UGA!!!), enjoying the Fulbright musicians at the Music Gala, wearing green and having a drink at Scotch and Sofa for St. Patrick's Day, hearing high level politicians and panelists speak, and dancing the night away at the Farewell Party. The conference flew by, and I was super busy traveling back and forth from my apartment to downtown to enjoy all of the events. On Thursday afternoon I collapsed in my bed and watched several West Wing Episodes before calling it an early night. I have finished my travel stint for now, and am ready to resume my daily routine schedule in Berlin!
Before I warp up this post, I just want to add a sentimental note of how amazing my time has been with Fulbright. I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by - I only have 4 months left! This Berlin Conference was our last official function for the year, and may have been the last time I will see several of my Fulbright friends this year who are studying in different cities. It is amazing how close my friendships are with this group that studied German in Marburg, as we all share similar experiences of apartment troubles, language obstacles, figuring out German bureaucracy together, traveling, researching, and finally leaving behind family and friends for an entire year. The amazing people that I have met will be life-long friends, and I never would have expected to come out of this Fulbright year with what I have gained so far. So to all my Fulbright friends - I love you guys and am missing your presence in Berlin this weekend! And all of my family and friends back home - I continue to miss y'all everyday and thank you for all of your continued support!
So that was a bit of a sentimental note - but I will close my post with some pictures!
Miya, Katie, me, and Rachel at the Opening Ceremony reception
Marburg reunited: Catherine, Chris, Ashlan, Shane, Marty, Marco, and Jill around the dinner table
With Marty all dressed up
Sipping on wine at the Fulbright Music Gala on St. Patrick's Day: Matthew, Rachel, Marty, Miya, me, Katie, Erin, and Jenifer
Jill dressed serious with her german friend visiting Berlin
The last night of the conference was the Fulbright Farewell Party - Marburgers on the dance floor: Jordan, Lauren, Katie, Erin, Rachel, Miya, Matthew, Shane, Marty, and Mike
Jordan jumps out of the shot so I can jump in with the group
With Lauren - Berlinerin!
Even Fulbrighters like to break it down on the dance floor : )
Marco, Jill, Catherine, and Marty
With my Fulbright twin Rachel!
Miya, Rachel, and me
With one of my favorite people, Jason!










