well, including the company of a great friend and delicious mexican food!
Monday night I did a 180 turn on the street that I live on as Jason called inviting me for dinner. I was almost home from a full day at the uni with research and class, and I was fighting both the rain and the cold all the way to my doorstep. But I was easily pursuaded to turn round and start a new journey to the opposite end of Berlin - I hadn't seen Jason since the night of the Christmas Party with the family and the food is really, really good. (I know all my friends in Germany will agree that good Mexican food is hard to come by here). So all in all, it was worth the trek to the north end.
I was really lucky on all of my train connections, and I was in Mitte in no time flat. I met Jason at the station, and we were off to the restaurant.
The rain let up and we found a cozy table for two near the front of the restaurant. Jason and I love eating here, but I knew immediately that Jason had been a few more times without me as the waitress came over to personally welcome him back : )
It was nice to catch up on all that has happened within the last month - which when I started sharing all of the excitement, was a lot! Espy's in Berlin, Dresden, Christmas Marketing, Poland, New Year's, hamburgers, back to school, out dancing, and everything else in between. And Jason had plenty of stories from the States and with his adventures between Tennessee and Chicago.
It was a great start to the week, and I'm settled in working and spending my afternoon watching the Inaguration speech, playing scrabble online (a throw back to when my roommates and I used to play!!!), and getting things in order.
Hoping the weather is nicer back home than it is here... lots of love!
