I am officially an internet think tank celebrity, with a video interview posting on the Atlantic Community's main page. The think tank is located right here in Berlin, and they interviewed a few of my new Young Atlanic Treaty Association friends following the conference I attended in November. Ellen (UVA undergrad) and I discuss the future role of NATO paired with EU common defense and security (the last video shown on the page). Other delegates discuss Russia, the new administration, and energy issues. Click here for your viewing pleasure!!
Other than my recently aquired fame, I have been living the Berlin life post holiday fun and frequet visitors. Class started back on January 5th, and things have returned to a more regular schedule (which means I have been busy, busy at university, seeing friends returning from the States, and hard at work on accomplishing my project goals). The mood has shifted slightly with most of my Fulbright friends, as we reflect over what we have accomplished thus far and where we all want to be by the end of the Fulbright experience come August. The new year has brought a sense of urgency, with people diving deeper and working harder on their projects - including myself.
But besides all of the serious work, I have managed to squeeze in some fun over the past weekend and am looking forward to a break this coming one. I have planned a trip to Budapest for my birthday at the end of the month!! And Kenny comes to visit in less than a month now. So lots to look forward to outside of the classroom!
Hope all is well and sending my love!
