Well to be honest, I was a little nervous.
Frau Cothran knows my German skills really well, and I was nervous that I haven't progressed that much. I didn't want to be tongue tied after living in Berlin for a year -- I wanted Dr. Cothran to see I had learned so much and had an amazing Fulbright experience in Berlin. I was meeting Frau Cothran early before the performance to catch up over coffee and dessert. My nervousness melted away almost instantly as I rushed over to greet Frau Cothran with a hug. I was so excited to see her! This was the woman who instilled me with a passion for the German language and culture and was instrumental in helping me pursue a Fulbright to Germany. It was comforting to see a familiar face, and our conversation flowed so easily. I think I do not give myself enough credit for how much my German has improved this year. It was great to reflect over my year auf Deutsch!
I met a few friends of Dr. Cothran and students before the performance, and Frau Cothran had 3 extra tickets to the show that were going to go to waste and had me invite some friends along. Jason, Jill, and Catherine made it to the Chamaeleon Club just in time, and it is always fun to spend time with them out on the town. The performance itself was really interesting, including choreographed and acrobatic dances involving bathtubs. A video promotion on Soap: The Show's website shows some of the action, and I have included a few photos from their website:





