Friday, June 26, 2009

Ein Referat über Energiesicherheit in Deutschland

The beginning of my week was structured around delivering a successful presentation discussing my energy security research design on Tuesday, and the weekday wrapped up with countless organizational tasks. But now I am heading into the weekend feeling accomplished, productive, and ready to have some fun!

I was working up to the last minute preparing for my presentation on Tuesday afternoon, wanting to share my thoughts on everything that has gone into designing my Fulbright project. I loved my Powerpoint slides, but I was worried of how the German students would receive my concept and methodological design.

I showed up the small lecture room in the political science department, complete with handouts to distribute, my laptop tucked in my backpack, and wearing the black pencil skirt Mommy had mailed for the occasion. I began setting up the presentation, only to find out my laptop was not working with the overhead projector. My professor (Sebastian) came to the rescue and hooked up his laptop, loaded my Powerpoint from my jump drive (my key chain USB stick was the perfect back-up Daddy!), and everything was set. I gave about a 45 minute presentation, and then I sat in the front of the room as a sort of panelist while Sebastian fielded questions from the students. We would collect about 3-4 questions at a time, and then I would have a chance to respond. It was very professional for just a design presentation, and the class respond very positively to my ideas and topic. I was thrilled, and Sebastian complimented the work!

The successful presentation set the tone for an upbeat, productive week. I was able to get several items in order for my move out (the bulk of my week with so much to do - under 4 weeks to go), finishing up swimming (it was our last week! I will definitely miss swimming with my neighbors), visiting with JC and Brigitte, having coffee and cake with my neighbors, dropping by the Fulbright office, grabbing lunch with Jason, cleaning my apartment (for Rachel's visit!), jogging along the trail in my neighborhood, creating my CD mix for the epic exchange, cleaning out all of my cabinets full of so many accumulated papers, meeting with my language partner, and several other things in between. Now ready for a fun weekend!!!