Swirling around in a chaotic frenzy ever since Kenny left, I wanted to jot down a few thoughts/ updates/ general items before I roll out the door with suitcase in hand, hopping the train to the central city of Erfurt to spend the weekend with fellow Fulbrighter Rachel!
I was sad to see Kenny off, but I was glad I had a lot of work and errands to tackle after he left to keep me occupied. I am down to my final 7 weeks, and I am looking to accomplish a lot in the area of my project and experience Berlin with my dear friends as much as possible before boarding the plane back to America.
Sunday and Monday morning were a bit more relaxing, giving me a chance to rest and get back into full throttle working mode. I went to the cultural fest again on Sunday and watched the new Angles and Demons movie with Jason. Monday was a German holiday, so I was grateful to have a personal working day. I submerged myself in my research and set up a meeting with my professor for Thursday morning. Tuesday was filled with more work and class, followed by dinner with friends at The Bird (a Fulbright favorite for dinner and hanging out). Wednesday was full of swimming, errands, and cleaning. And today I had a productive and very positive meeting on campus with my professor - things are really coming together on my project! I had coffee with my language partner - spoke a lot of German, am getting packed up for my Erfurt weekend, eating up all of the delicious vegetables in my fridge, wrapping up emails, and am out the door!!
Other side notes to my day include a (perhaps common sense) realization that black heels and German cobble-stone sidewalks are a terrible combination. In an effort to be dressed up for my meeting this morning, I think I caught the edge of my heel nearly a dozen times, inflicting extreme damage to my wardrobe staple.
I also have successfully introduced Vera Bradley to Berlin, receiving a compliment on the X11 bus today from a woman that wanted to know where she could purchase a bag like mine. I responded in German that the bag was a gift from my mother (sent with love in a care package from America) and was designed by Vera Bradley. After my introduction to Vera from my grandmother at age 12 and following the craze that swept America during my college years, I am proud to start this tote trend in Berlin. Maybe it will catch on.
A special shout out to Mommy - Happy Birthday tomorrow!!
And to my parents - Congrats on your Anniversary!
Hope all is well Stateside.
