Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mittelalterlicher Markt in Marburg






This weekend has already flown by extremely fast. After class on Friday, I made a trip to the grocery store with friends to get ready for a dinner party at the dorms. We picked up some delicious ingredients and met up for a fun time and really, really delicious food. David and Jordan cooked an amazing meal of roasted chicken, mushroom rosoto, green beans, bread, and tomatoes - and Sangria to go with the meal. It was raining throughout the evening, so it was fun to have something to do at the dorms.


Then Saturday I visited the Renaissance festival of Marburg with several Fulbrighters. There were performances, things to buy, food, drinks, and lots of people dressed in elaborate costumes. I have some posted some pictures of our fun times!


Saturday night was pretty low key, with dinner out then back at the dorms. Today I have done nothing but look for apartments and german homework. And bit of relaxing and cooking for myself. Tonight we have a group social event, so it will be nice to see everyone in one place. I hope all is well in the states!!