Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You Spin Me Right 'Round, Baby, Right 'Round






Matthew and Katie came into town this past weekend, and I haven't seen them since Camp Marburg! We really had an amazing time together site seeing, dinner parties, drinks, dancing, and then Jill's 1920s Speakeasy brithday party! I will post more on our adventures in the very next post... but I wanted to dedicate an entire entry to riding the ferris wheel!!!
I eyed the ferris wheel with much excitement as soon as it went up on Unter den Linden. I really wantd to ride it ever since the Christmas Market first opened, and when Katie, Matt, Jason, and I strolled through the Weihnachsmarkt at Operpalis, I stopped with wide eyes before the ferris wheel entrance with pleading eyes that were begging please ride with me! Luckily it did not take so much convincing, and we were able to ride in one single car all together. Situated in place, we slowly rose to the top and took a short pause to overlook the entire city. The view was absolutely fantastic! The Weihnachsmarkt below was bustling in minuature form, and you could recognize all of the major landmarks that stretched across the scenic view. Needless to say we were excited, and the cameras were busted out for the picturesque opportunities. The ferris wheel started up again and took us back down to where we had loaded onto the ride. Then we started picking up speed, and literally racing around in giant circle fashion. We were spinning so fast, and there were to be no more pauses. We all started laughing and clicking pictures as fast as possible. We went around at least 10 more times before the ride came to a halt, and the 4 € admission price was well worth the money. The ferris wheel operator even snapped a pic of all of us together. So I definately recommend the ferris wheel in Berlin and added some pictures to show the dizzy excitement!