Monday, July 20, 2009

Deutsches Historische Museem

I loved visiting the German national history museum - my favorite museum in Berlin for sure!! They had a collection of artifacts, clothing, posters, paintings, books, and everything else in between from Germany during the time of the Roman Empire to 1989. I thought the main exhibit was really well done, and I was especially excited to visit the Calvin special exhibit on the occasion of his 500th Birthday and the tribute to the 20th Anniversary of the fall of the Wall. A few pictures to capture a few of the pieces:

From the exhibit of the fall of the Wall
More Wall art
Caution Wall
The Wall as an electric chair
One of the most famous images at East Side Gallery
The Heidelberg Catechism
A painting depicting leaders of the Protestant Reformation
A portrait of Calvin
The shovel used to break ground for the Reichstag
A Doctor's mask used to defend against the plague
State Porcelain
A Banquet Table from the Berlin Palace
A game table from the Berlin Palace
Hats from the 1920s
Reunification banners and posters from 1989