I had a really great day, mainly focused on tying up loose ends, but also visiting with my neighbors and Berlin family. I woke up bright and early for breakfast with my landlords, to be followed by a full inspection of my apartment. Breakfast was really yummy, and I enjoyed the German small talk. My landlords are so sweet, and I feel so lucky to have my final apartment work out so well. I had scrubbed, vacuumed, and packed the entire day before, and I was so glad when my inspection went well. Things are starting to really wrap up here now.
After a delicious German breakfast, I was out the door to Rathaus Steglitz to de-register from the city. I had to wait in line a little over an hour, but I finally received all of my official stamps to leave the country. I was a little nervous when they said I was not registered in Berlin, but I produced my stamped paper that confirmed in fact I was a Berlinerin, and then the registrar figured out my name was spelled wrong in the system! At least it is corrected now for my last 3 days : )
I enjoyed the weather with a little bit of shopping and lunch out, and then I headed over to JC and Brigitte's to wish them a farewell. They have been so helpful to me this year - my home away from home. I feel so blessed to have had them as a part of my Berlin life this year, and I appreciate all of their help so much!! I was able to stay for a lecker dinner and spend time with all the Moss' in town from Atlanta. So a full, fun day, and I am looking forward to my farewell party with friends tomorrow downtown!!!
With my Berlin family Brigitte and JC
