




Here are some pictures from my "schones Wochende" in Kassel with Erin, Katie, and Matt! We had a fabulous day trip tp Kassel, about an hour away from Marburg by train. There are three castles in the city, and we climbed about 500 steps to the top of the Hercules statue singing "I can go the distance" from the Disney movie : ) At the top we were greeted by a spectacular view AND a fantastic cardboard cut-out of the Hercules statue that you can put your face in! So we had lots of fun with pictures. The castles and the city were breath-taking, and we had such a fun day trip in Kassel. We ended the day with a sunset at the yellow baroque castle and dinner at a greek restaurant (only fitting to the Greek and Roman dedications found throughout the city of Kassel!) We made it back on the last train, and I collapsed in my bed for a really great night of sleep.
I am going to post a few more pictures to show the other castles.
