



I have been so busy lately, with hardly anytime to post new updates. But I will try to touch on all of the excitement from last week.
*Big News*
I have found an apartment in Berlin!! And it looks perfect for my upcoming year. It is in a very safe district and located in my top choice for which neighborhood in the city I want to live. There are parks, grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, and lots of other students in the area. It is a very cozy, one-bedroom apartment near the city center, but I will be surrounded by a vibrant and exciting atmosphere. I am traveling to Berlin on Sunday to sign the contract in person and check everything out before all is said and done. But I am very excited and so glad to have the apartment search stress out of my mind.
The apartment search has occupied nearly all of my free time outside of class. But I had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed the company of the Fulbrighters in the dorm throughout the week. On Friday night I went to explore the castle with several friends. It was a spectacular view from the top and the castle was completely lit up at night. And everyone had a lot of fun after a long week of class. Then Saturday I had an amazing brunch that Mike prepared in Jose's kitchen. It was soo incredibly delicious!! I have posted a picture of the french toast with fresh peaches creation. The after a lot of downtime on Saturday, we had an organized bus trip to Saalburg. About an hour away from Marburg, we saw the site of ancient Roman Empire ruins of a fort and boundary fence on the edge of the former empire. We had a group tour, a javelin throwing contest, and archery shoot-out, and a traditional Hessen dinner together. The weather was beautiful, and it was really fun to be with everyone. Though I do not think that my archery and throwing skills are up to par to be a Roman soldier!!
The week went by very quickly, with class and more class : ) I am an official resident of Germany now (the paper work all went through), have a new German bank account, played the role of Margaret Thatcher in class (just call me Prime Minister Maggie), and had a couple of delicious dinner parties with friends. Tonight we are having a giant pot luck cook-off and hopefully I can find some downtime tomorrow.
Yellow Jackets had their first win last Thursday, and I am looking forward to the game tomorrow!!
Hope all is well, and I send my love to everyone!

